Nudes are often very tricky. They are probably the easiest lipsticks to wear but finding the right shade is where it gets complicated. This is exactly why I stayed away from them for so long but once you find a shade that suits you, you’ll love them. When it comes to nudes, you have to pay attention to your skin tone. Especially if you are more on the tan side, you want to be careful with the overly nude (a.k.a the zombie look) lipsticks.
Here are some of my favorite nudes:
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillowtalk: A lip pencil that is the color of your lips but better. Perfect for over-lining your lips and bringing a bit of life back into them.
- Revlon Colorburst in Sultry: A bit more pigmented and pink than your typical nudes but I absolutely love this color. The pencil form makes it so easy and quick to apply.
- MAC Cremestick liner in Beurre: The Kylie Jenner color…Even if it’s a pencil I apply it all over my lips. It can be a bit drying but the color is “my type” of color. It’s on the darker side of nudes and is very matte. MAC stopped making it for a while which got me very angry, but we’re all good they brought it back.
- Chantecaille Gloss in Lucky: Not a lipgloss type of girl but I really like this one. Not sticky like the usual gloss. The tiny gold specks just plumps up your lips and make them look juicy.
- MAC Lipstick in Velvet Teddy: My nudest nude (before looking like a zombie). Love this color when I’m a bit more tanned. I like lining my lips with a brown lip pencil and applying that color at the center of my lips.
- MAC Lipstick in Cosmo: The perfect nude. Not too nude, not too pink, not too matte…makes you look so healthy. Love it.