Spring is finally here (although the weather in London is pretty bipolar) so it’s time to reorganise your wardrobe and get out the dresses, skirts and other spring essentials. I definitely have staples that I go to for spring and have seen them all over Instagram and blogs:
1. Denim co-ord: Matching denim jacket and skirt or even shorts are very trendy right now. I have seen them in almost every high street store. They are mazing for spring because the jacket will keep you warm enough but your legs are out. You can have fun with the different colors and patterns like camo or stripes.
2. Ankle boots: It’s not quite the season for sandals yet so ankle boots are the perfect transition. Heeled ones will give you some height while still being comfortable and pretty casual. You can pair them with skirts and dresses which gives will give it an edge or simply wear them with jeans.
3. Mom jeans: Goodbye to boyfriend jeans and hello Mom jeans. Topshop do some really nice ones but Levis is by far my fave. They are loose which gives you a casual, don’t care look but still have a very nice shape and won’t drown you like boyfriend jeans did. They are super nice paired with some trainers with the jeans rolled up a bit.
4. Trainers: Ugly dad trainers or platforms trainers are taking over. After Balenciaga came out with theirs, everyone has been wearing them. But no need to splurge for a trend that probably won’t last long because so many cheap brands do them now. Otherwise white trainers are a must for spring and you can carry on wearing them in summer. They look nice with mom jeans or dresses. Ego has very nice dupes for the Alexand Mc Queen ones or I love Axel Arigato.
5. Suits: Transform suits in casual wear and have fun with all the colors. They look super nice with any simple or graphic t-shirt and can be paired with white trainers to make it even more casual. You can take it from day to night by changing into heels.
SHOP THE POST: